GET BETTER FASTER!
The WJGA Junior Golf Talent Development Program
OBJECTIVE: To help highly motivated junior golfers to improve their play.
REQUIREMENTS: Participants must be WJGA members and must commit to participating in all scheduled program activities.
THE TWO-PART PROGRAM:
Each junior golfer will be matched with an area PGA Professional who will provide one small group golf lesson per week for six to eight weeks. Each small group will include no more than four junior golfers. Lessons will include the following:
- Equipment check: appropriate size, proper grips, correct golf ball, etc.
- Fundamentals: grip, stance, posture, alignment, etc.
- Fullswing: elements of an effective and repeatable swing
- Shot making: pitching, chipping, bunker play, trouble shots, drawing, fading, high shots, low shots, knock down shots, lob shots, putting
- Data collection: use of the scorecard for data collection
- Data interpretation: how to use data to improve practice and play
- Effective practice: building and executing an effective practice routine
- Mental game: thinking your way around the golf course
Participants will be taught an effective practice routine and will be expected to practice what they are taught. Participants will be expected to keep records of time spent practicing and what was practiced.
Cost is $50.00 per participant. Download an application form now!